I know I just posted my go to summer outfit at the beginning of the week. It’s still summer, it really is. And I don’t want to rush things or anyone into a season prematurely. But fall is a comin’! Now I’m not ready to bust out all the pumpkin decor or pull on my new over the knee boots (although I am looking forward to that!) But I have been thinking about how I will transition my summer decor to fall. I decided that this year I would come up with a plan ahead of time instead of decorating the day before I want to post my fall home tour #procrastinator. I put together a Modern Farmhouse Fall Inspiration Board to guide me into the season.
- Birch Bark: I’ve used birch bark in my decorating more than 1 time. ( You can see a few examples HERE and HERE) I guess I’m kind of creature of habit but who can resist the perfect shade of white and all that texture?
- If you checked out my Summer Home Tour you might have noticed I have a thing for seashells and coral. I plan on trading some of those shells out for heavier, more textural accessories like quartz and geodes. They will add some color and sparkle to my fall decor.
- I picked up 2 of these blush Peri Home Fringe Pillows during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. They also come in a beautiful gray and navy. Since I am using a lot of tone on tone and complimentary colors the fringe will add some additional texture.
- You can’t go wrong with floral pillows no matter what the season. I found these Pyne Hollyhock blush and gray pillows on Etsy recently and I can’t wait for them to arrive. I plan to incorporate these pillows no matter what the season!
- Here’s a simple tip for redecorating for fall. Look at the colors you already have going on for summer and just trade out a few accessories like pillows for the winterized version. I have a ton of gray pillows so I’m swapping out my summery gray stripes for a deeper gray velvet pillow from World Market. These are also very budget friendly ($22 for a 24x 24 pillow) and come in lots of colors.
- This is the photo that inspired this entire color palatte. These flowers are gorgeous. Definitely fall inspired but not too deep or heavy. I love the pinks, sage greens, with just small pops of rusty orange and burgundy.
- If you happened to catch my Facebook Live video you can see a few of the fall items I ordered from Amazon including this Pink and Cream Turkish Towel that I am going to use as a throw. And the best part is it’s only $12!!!
- Ok so this one is still sitting in my cart while I debate. This is the Mesmerize Art Print from Minted and the second I saw it, I fell in love it. I’m not a super huge art connoisseur, so the fact that this piece spoke to me is significant. It has every color in my entire house and would just tie the whole thing together. I also have the perfect location for it. The only thing holding me back is that it’s a splurge, especially if you order it framed. So I’m looking into some alternatives for framing to see if I can get it in budget.
- Well if it’s fall, you have to have pumpkins right? I have to admit, I am looking forward to the day these white and greenish gray beauties start to show up in the stores and farmers markets.
- Is any Farmhouse Style decor complete without some rustic wood tones? I think not! I have a few ideas brewing for incorporating some old barn wood into the fall decor. You’ll just have to wait and see.
- The Rug!! How is it possible that I passed over THIS RUG at Target about a bajillion times this spring and summer? And now that it’s fall, it’s a little harder to find. I ordered the 5×7 for my hallway thinking it would fit just fine but never measured for it. Sure enough, it’s too wide. But I have the runner on order for the hall. And the 5X 7 one hasn’t made it’s way back the store just yet. Might be doing some rug layering this fall! They also have a small accent rug still in stock.
- I’m definitely going for a non traditional fall color palette. I will be using blush and gray with some accents of sage-y greens. My limelight hydrangeas should be turning pink just in time for the fall season so I’ll have lots of those to accent my colors.
Making an inspiration board actually has me a bit excited about cooler temps and falling leaves. How about you? Hopefully, this will inspire you to start thinking fall for your own home.
Like this post? Check out these!